Prepare to battle through history as the evil TimeSplitters get ready to rise again. TimeSplitters 2 is the sequel to the hugely successful and critically acclaimed TimeSplitters which was released to coincide with the US and European launches of PlayStation 2. The game is being developed by Free Radical Design of Nottingham England and is set for release in September.
The power of the TimeSplitters an evil race dwelling outside of time and space has grown and the fate of mankind is in the balance. Space marines called in to fight against these evil creatures are being outnumbered and outfought as they battle through the futuristic space station that the TimeSplitters have set up as their base. The space marines finally stumble across a TimePortal powered by nine rare crystal shards which enables the TimeSplitters to travel through time and affect the course of history.
The only way to stop the TimeSplitters evil reign continuing is to follow them into the TimePortal and recover the nine crystals before they are lost forever. The marines take a leap into the unknown without any idea as to which time period they will end up in and without any idea as to what the future – or past – will hold.
TimeSplitters 2 will improve on the original in every conceivable way. The game offers a more involving single player and co-operative story mode featuring a complex narrative with multiple objective-based episodes and superbly animated cut-scenes.
The game engine has been extensively upgraded to accommodate bigger better backgrounds and special graphical effects while still providing the distinctive smooth fast paced action of the original. A completely rewritten animation system incorporating inverse kinematics brings even more lifelike movement and dynamism to a new collection of ‘loveable rogue’ characters.
Time Splitters 2 will retain the unique MapMaker in an enhanced form which opens up even more potential for user customised game scenarios.
– In-depth single player and co-operative story mode
– Nine ‘time travelling’ episodes each with their own distinct graphical style ranging from the Wild West to Neo Tokyo
– Environments are far more expansive interactive and detailed than those of TimeSplitters
– Hugely customisable multi-player mode scenarios including deathmatch capture-the-bag escort last stand etc.
– Massively enhanced Mapmaker enabling you to create ‘Story levels’ as well deathmatch scenarios
– Over 80 different playable characters
– Much more character detail and improved animation system
– Atmospheric musical score themed around the levels
– Completely re-written AI routines
– Spectacular special effects
– Graphically improved interface
– Faster loading times
– Monkeys! ——
Notes About Additional Content
Our products may not include additional material like Digital Copies Online Passes or promotional downloadable content (DLC).